Subject: Re: [boost] [Castor] FYI : Castor 1.1 & Boost
From: Roshan (roshan_naik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-29 01:39:56

Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Cool. Congrats.

Thank you.

Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> From looking at the code, it appears it has a hand-rolled expression
> template solution. Roshan, if you foresee ever wanting to do
> manipulations and optimization of the ET before evaluating it, or
> integrating your Logic DSEL with the other DSELs in Boost, I suggest
> looking into Boost.Proto. Should Castor ever come up for review, this
> will undoubtedly be some feedback you'll get.

Yes, I am interested in exploring the value & use cases of manipulating/
optimizing trees in the longer term for LP in C++. And definitely
Proto is high on my short list of places to steal/reuse from. For the first
Boost version, there are some more fundamental things on my list that I
feel
need to be researched before pursuing this. But it would certainly be cool
if this ability proves to be valuable for LP and also makes it into the
first
version of Castor.

Your heads-up on potential feedback is motivating me a bit to document
a few of the implementation alternatives to enable feedback that will
help converge upon the final implementation strategy.

-Roshan