Subject: Re: [boost] [gil] Who has a big-endian machine?
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-02 15:34:07

Hi Kenneth

thanks for sending me the values. I never really dealt with big
endian. How would the bits are read? For instance, in my test code I
create this bit pattern:

1011 0110 0110 1101 1101 1011

On my my little endian system I get 011 for each value, since each
byte is read right to left. But how is it done with big endian?

Thanks,
Christian