Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess][trunk][windows] named_mutex doesn't work whithin a DLL
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-06 13:55:43

Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga <at> gmail.com> writes:

> El 06/09/2010 17:11, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz escribió:
>
> > The program hangs on DLL loading time when creation of mutex
> > in bip_dll.cpp is attempted. In particular, hanging occurs
> > inside the invocation of
> >
> > get_wmi_class_attribute(strValue,
> > L"Win32_OperatingSystem", L"LastBootUpTime");
>
> The problem is that I don't have any clue on how to solve this. I've
> googled around and there seems to be similar cases, but no explanation
> solution, maybe there are some restrictions when loading a dll?. Just to
> have a bit more infomration, which Win32 OS are you using, XP, Vista, 7?

System is:

  Microsoft Windows XP
  Media Center Edition
  Version 2002
  SP 2

There's some evidence on the net (Google for it) that
IWbemLocator::ConnectServer hangs when used on DLL loading time,
though no definite confirmation or available workarounds.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo