Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess][trunk][windows] named_mutex doesn't work whithin a DLL
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-06 13:27:46

El 06/09/2010 17:11, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz escribió:

> The program hangs on DLL loading time when creation of mutex
> in bip_dll.cpp is attempted. In particular, hanging occurs
> inside the invocation of
>
> get_wmi_class_attribute(strValue,
> L"Win32_OperatingSystem", L"LastBootUpTime");

The problem is that I don't have any clue on how to solve this. I've
googled around and there seems to be similar cases, but no explanation
solution, maybe there are some restrictions when loading a dll?. Just to
have a bit more infomration, which Win32 OS are you using, XP, Vista, 7?

And we can't even put a decent timeout since according to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa391769%28VS.85%29.aspx

the alternative is to have a timeout of *2 minutes*. I really don't know
why thi is happening, but I don't think this has an easy fix. BTW this
function was necessary to obtain a bootup time that does not change with
hibernation or clock adjusments, previous bootup timestamp function was
a huge source of problems for Interprocess users.

Best,

Ion