Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts for a GUI (Primitives) Library
From: Alexander Lamaison (awl03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-07 08:40:47

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:47:03 +0200, Yakov Galka wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 02:16, Gwenio <urulokiurae_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I repeat that I am focusing on the low-level components because I do not
>> want the discussion to get stuck on what appears to be a very difficult
>> subject.
>> Therefore I would like discussion of higher level parts to be limited to
>> what would be required to implement them.
>>

> Then *please*, explain how your library will differ from e.g. gtkmm?
>
> link: http://www.gtkmm.org/en/

I hope that, for starters, the end-result would look nothing like that
produced by gtkmm. GTK-based GUIs on Windows just look 'wrong'. I'd hope
that any solution we envisage would use the platform native widgets to
render itself just as SWT does for Java.

Alex

--
Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)