Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts for a GUI (Primitives) Library
From: Gwenio (urulokiurae_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-07 10:19:23

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Alexander Lamaison <awl03_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I hope that, for starters, the end-result would look nothing like that
> produced by gtkmm. GTK-based GUIs on Windows just look 'wrong'. I'd hope
> that any solution we envisage would use the platform native widgets to
> render itself just as SWT does for Java.

Getting a native look would be difficult; ideally you would have a set of
functions that provide the functionallity to draw in the native style. The
other way would to have a wrapper for native controls and some method to
adjust how they function. The latter option would result in there being
separate braches of the library for native and custom controls.