Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts for a GUI (Primitives) Library
From: Gwenio (urulokiurae_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-07 10:14:29

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Yakov Galka <ybungalobill_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Then *please*, explain how your library will differ from e.g. gtkmm?

Design wise, not much I guess. However I see getting a back end for GUIs
into the C++ standard as important, and this would be an step toward that.
The reason I am not pushing to complete a full library/framework is I
believe no matter how state of the art the design is now, it would
eventually become out of date as the standard does not update quickly.

Therefore, I aim for a design that would be acceptable for the Standard
Library, not the best design for any particular GUI. And