Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Preview of 3rd version
From: Klaim (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-10 11:52:59

Hi again,

I've finished reading the documentation and I just have a question : what if
I want to inject manually the content of the translation/dictionary files in
the generator instead of using the add path functions?

Looking at the interface of boost::locale::generator class I don't see a way
to do this other than having a "real filesystem" set of dictionary files.

For example, let's say that in my project I'm using some kind of file-system
virtualization library like PhysicsFS( http://icculus.org/physfs/ ).
My translation files are zipped together (with other files) and this library
makes it easy to manipulate them without having to bother about compression.
I explicitely dont' want to use real filesystem and I can only read the
content of files using the PhyscsFS file reading function, getting raw
bytes.
In this case I need a way to inject those raw bytes inside boost::locale as
dictionary files content.

Is there already a way to do this or do you recommand another way to manage
this kind of case? Using some kind of real filesystem cache directory would
work I guess but it's far from ideal.

Joël Lamotte