Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Preview of 3rd version
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-10 14:32:56

> Hi,
>
> I'm reading the tutorial and I noticed this line :
>
> This technique was adopted by Boost.Locale library in order to provide
> powerful and correct localization. However instead of using standard and
> very limited standard library C++ facets it created its own facets that use
> ICU under the hood in order to make much powerful.
>

> As now there are several possible backends, it might be good to change this
> sentence?

Probably, but still Boost.Locale's primary and recommended backend is ICU,
because it not only does the job, it is also the one that does the job
right.

Now, if you do not need all the power of ICU, you may use other backends
not based on ICU, but still do much more then standard C++ libraries std::locale
and its facets do.

Also note, first version of Boost.Locale hadn't supported backends at all
and required ICU, this changed in this version.

Artyom