Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Preview of 3rd version
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-11 07:59:23

> Perhaps you could let users supply a functor open_file(filename), and
> they can choose to open the path however they want, from whatever
> source. The default functor would use what you currently have. Would
> this be prohibitively difficult?

Yes, it is doable.

However I don't think it is reasonable, I hadn't seen
any localization system that does this. Putting dictionaries in file
system and using them is something common, also
it does not have any performance impacts as dictionaries
should be loaded only once into the memory, unlike other game resources
like video or images where fragmentation or access time may have effect.

In any case, I would say, you can always re-implement your own
boost::locale::message_format
facet to deal with such non-standard situation.

Artyom