Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-13 15:56:26

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 01:11:33 +0200, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard
<jeremy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]closing it, etc.) From my perspective, this means there is a clear
> need (by any users that need to do mappings > 3) for a library to handle
> the file descriptor mapping. You make the argument that boost process
> is not the right library, but if Boost.Process is being used, it seems
> clear that the functionality could only be provided by Boost.Process.
> (To have a convenient interface, I think it would clearly need to be
> coupled with Boost.Process.)

OK, let's see where we get. Can you write a small sample program (doesn't
need to be complete) which shows how you would prefer to configure file
descriptors greater than 3? Maybe we can come up with an extension which
doesn't make the current API more complicated but still gives you the
flexibility you need.

Boris