Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in B-tree library for Boost?
From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-15 19:26:47

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> A Boost B-tree library would provide disk-based associative containers
> that scale all the way from really, really, small to really, really,
> large. B-trees perform well on hardware ranging from ancient floppy
> disk drives all the way up to humongous disk arrays. They are the
> technology behind most high-performance disk file systems and
> databases.

> Any interest?

Absolutely! Some questions:

- Is concurrent access okay if it's opened as read-only?

- Right now it's using synchronous I/O. Can async support (via asio)
be added? How about memory-mapped I/O for small B-trees or large
address spaces?

- Will this support multiple B-trees in one file?

- Will this implement ACID properties?

- Can this be adapted for in-memory use as well, with full non-POD support?

Thanks!

--
Cory Nelson
http://int64.org