Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in B-tree library for Boost?
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-16 10:23:32

El 16/09/2010 13:21, Cory Nelson escribió:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a T-tree is just a plain
> binary tree where the data is referenced with pointers and not stored
> in the tree -- so it's designed to be memory-efficient when the key is
> larger than a pointer and is already stored elsewhere. Useful for
> databases that want low-overhead (in terms of key size, not tree
> implementation) indexes into tables.
>
> If that's the case, then it is not applicable here.

Yes, you are right, but you could just store values and move semantics
would make data movement quite fast (after all, std containers dont'
store pointers, but values). Node overhead would be better than with std
containers and searches faster (I think you need less comparisons).
Insertion and erasure would be slower, I guess.

Ion