Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-19 17:54:16

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 23:25:17 +0200, Kim Barrett
<kab.conundrums_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2010, at 4:12 PM, Boris Schaeling wrote:
>> * It might make sense to pass a string to
>> boost::process::create_child() to specify command line options (instead
>> of storing them one by one in a vector).
>
> I've only been lightly following the discussion (I'm interested in the
> library, but presently swamped with other things), but this caught my
> eye. You might find boost::assign::list_of and friends to be useful for
> dealing with the "storing them one by one in a vector" dance.

Thanks, but boost::assign::list_of is already used (at least in my sample
programs :). The idea here is that someone might want to create a child
process with:

create_child("program", "--lots -of /command 'line options'");

Whether this is worth to be supported by the library out of the box I
don't know (as you are right boost::assign::list_of helps here).

Boris