Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] incompatible archives from 1.43 to 1.44
From: Sergey Voropaev (serge-voropaev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-22 12:50:49

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> Correct on all points. I am aware of the track item. I believe
> that I've addressed it at least in some cases. Unfortunately I've
> been bogged down in other stuff.
>
> I would recommend that uses
> not use binary archives with 1.42 and 1.43.

What is wrong with 1.43? I had tested part of our projects with boost 1.43 and
I had not found any problem. But tests were preliminary and not complete. What
possible problems will be in serialization 1.43 version? I did not use 1.42
version.
My plan now is to upgrade our projects to 1.43 and stabilize system. Or it is
better to wait 1.44.1 or something like? What are your recommendations? What
about time scale?

About "six" version number problem. As I believe, in 1.43 there are not
problems with "six" version. Binary file has “7” version number in 1.43.

Sergey Voropaev