Subject: Re: [boost] [Concept Check] ContiguousIterator
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-07 06:53:13

At Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:45:46 +0200,
joel falcou wrote:

> Using BCC,

Took me days to realize you didn't mean the Borland compiler ;-)

> s there any way to refine RandomAccessIterator so the cocnept
> captures the fact that the address of two consecutive value iterated over
> are contiguous in memory ?
>
> I can't get any proper expression to check for this in a proper way.

Yeah, it's a purely semantic distinction, so while you *can* refine
RandomAccessIterator for it, there are no syntactic/structural checks
you can add... unless, as Rob S points out, you add a trait somewhere
and make it part of the ContiguousIterator concept.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing