Subject: [boost] [Review] Boost.Ratio
From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-08 16:38:42

So here is my review of Boost.Ratio

*- What is your evaluation of the design?*
It's a strictly (or at least as struct as possible) implementation of
the standard proposal. Code is clear
and easily followed.

*- What is your evaluation of the implementation?*

It's very OK and straightforward. I'll reiterate the question about
providing
MPL or Fusion adaptors as an optional features (unless I missed them :x)

*- What is your evaluation of the documentation?*

Good

*- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?*

Ratio fills a gap in the MPl-like data type and enables new interesting
design to be done.

*- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
problems? *
I tried it using gcc 4.4 and 4.5 and icc 11. No problem so far.

*- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study? *
I quickly glanced over the code as I knew it from its inception and
followed it so I only had to look some
new stuff. I tried some non trivial task , including some attempt at MPL
like CT linear system
solver using rational. boost.ratio proved itself useful in this task.

*- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain? *
Yes.

*- Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?*
Yes