Subject: Re: [boost] License question
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-13 09:12:58

If you (might) want it to be part of Boost, you must choose the Boost
license.

Many commercial organizations regard LGPL (and of course GPL) with deep
suspicion.
IMO You will decrease commercial use by using either LGPL or especially GPL.

> However, I want to decently protect my work and because it's
template-based
> and can be used in commercial products, I don't want someone to do closed-
> source fork of it and all those kind of things...

Copyright remains your protection with Boost License.

I'm not sure that in practice any of these licenses protect against abuse -
who is going to pay to sue them?

So I'm not sure why you *not* want to use the Boost License?

Usual not-a-lawyerly caveats ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,