Subject: Re: [boost] [property_tree] Copy constructor and assignment operator in xml_writer_settings class
From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-18 09:50:28

On 18.10.2010, at 14:22, mloskot wrote:

> Sebastian Redl wrote:

>> Why would it? There's nothing semantically wrong with copying a settings
>> object. It's just not very useful.
>>

> Looking at the current definition [1], I'm not convinced.
> According to C++(n3092)/12.8/25, assignment operator for this class is
> defined as
> deleted due to "non-static data members of const non-class type".

I have no idea what your point is. Do you want me to prevent copy construction too, just because copy assignment is not possible? Or do you want me to make the members non-const so that copy assignment is possible?

If the former, why?
If the latter, I suppose I could do that. I'm not the one who made the members const in the first place.

Sebastian