Subject: Re: [boost] [function] function wrapping with no exceptionsafetyguarantee
From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-19 04:06:00

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Domagoj Saric <dsaritz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> "Emil Dotchevski" <emil_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>> ... at worst they'd be mad that you've used
>> Boost (that's common in games, for example.)
>
> Shall we disregard all those cases (of Boost rejection) as irrational rants
> (as admittedly they often are, be it of the 'corporate policy' type or of
> the Linus Torvalds type) or shall it be admitted that after all, sometimes,
> they actually are based on real objections (that Boost, or parts of it, made
> some not-so-happy efficiency compromising choices)...?

You can't talk about Boost efficiency in general. As difficult as it
is to pull apart, Boost contains individual components. Are we talking
about the efficiency of Boost Function then? I'm sure if someone
manages to speed it up, many people on this mailing list (not to
mention the folks who are implementing std::function) would be very
interested to see how it can be done.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.