Subject: Re: [boost] [Backtrace] Any interest in portable stack trace?
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-24 01:14:44

> I am very interested, but when I attempted to link your code I got the
>following error:
>
> Undefined symbols:
> "boost::stack_trace::write_symbols(void* const*, int,
>std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)", referenced from:
> boost::backtrace::trace(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char>
>>&) const in libfl_scheduler-1.a(scheduler.cpp.o)

What is the platform/compiler do you try to compile on?

Because each ifdef provide write_symbols.
Are you sure you compile and link your code correctly?

> In the code you provided I saw backtrace.hpp and backtrace.cpp, neither one
>provides an implementation for boost::track_trace::write_symbols, what am I
>missing?

How can this be? It implemented in backtrace.cpp at lines

- line 123 for Linux/Solaris/Mac using GCC
- line 174 for Linux/Solaris/Mac using other compilers
- line 253 for MSVC/Windows
- line 286 for other generic trace

Artyom