Subject: Re: [boost] [polygon] [GSOC] voronoi diagram of line segments
From: Andrii Sydorchuk (sydorchuk.andriy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-26 18:16:37

Thanks to all of You!

 I also build the tests, but some of these were extremely memory hungry and
> also pushed the processor to full power over a long time.

The test configuration includes tests with 1 000 000 input points. This was
helpful to figure out some longrun bugs. Probably you should run those tests
with release option.
Using release it takes me around 20 secs to run all the tests and around 60
secs to run benchmark tests. The algorithm implementation uses stl vectors,
lists, maps and queues.
Those data structure are slower in the debug mode especially when you run
large inputs.

 I was less successful on win32. I somehow didn't manage to configure qt as
> to be able to build the example program.

I've updated build script, you shouldn't have any troubles now.

 The test ran out of memory on win32 with the strange error message "cmalloc
> would have returned NULL". Tests and benchmarks should push the tested
> library to its limits, not the test machine.

Did you use mingw or cygwin to compile it? I am using msvc 9.0 compiler on
win32 and it works fine. However I received the same message using cygwin +
gcc.
In my case this was failing on the 1 000 000 points test.

Best,
Andrii