Subject: Re: [boost] [polygon] [GSOC] voronoi diagram of line segments
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 19:41:06

Andrii Sydorchuk wrote:
> The test configuration includes tests with 1 000 000 input points.
> This was helpful to figure out some longrun bugs.
> Probably you should run those tests with release option.

Ah yes, benchmarking the debug version is a certainly not a good idea.

> > I was less successful on win32. I somehow didn't manage to configure qt as
> > to be able to build the example program.
>
> I've updated build script, you shouldn't have any troubles now.

Great, it works for me now. However, I have to admit that my own mistake was much simpler: I added the line "using qt : /Qt/4.7.0 ;" to the "wrong" user-config.jam file. But I checked that your fix is really required.

> Did you use mingw or cygwin to compile it? I am using
> msvc 9.0 compiler on win32 and it works fine.
> However I received the same message using cygwin + gcc.

You're right, this was cygwin + gcc. I wasn't patient enough to wait for the results with MSVC-9 (as you mentioned before, the std debug checks can slow things down considerably, and MSVC-9 really takes these debug checks serious), but later forgot that I was using cygwin.

Regards,
Thomas