Subject: Re: [boost] How about a call for bug-fix volunteers?
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-28 12:28:11

On 1:59 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Jim Bell <Jim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Library authors shouldn't have to bear the burden of bug reports for
>> their libraries alone. Even maintaining their regression tests across
>> all platforms isn't realistic (and isn't being done).
> <snip great ideas>
>
> Boost.Apprenticeship?
> Jim, I think it would be awesome if you would like to run a program
> like this! Obviously it would take a lot of cooperation from library
> authors and the rest of the community, but to make something like this
> work I think it needs a coordinator. What do you say?

How about Boost.Quality?

I'm honored that you'd consider me, but I've blown past the (time) limit
I can spend (with real consequences).

Anyone else see where I'm going and want to take this bull by the horns?
Or convince your employer to sponsor my involvement?

I'm encouraged that we have three volunteers in two days from this
mailing list alone. I'd bet we get a bunch more from the User's list if
we put a call out on a regular basis.

I'd like to hash my thoughts out a bit more. I'll do it on my web-site,
but could do it in the boost space if you want.