Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45] Where are we in the release process?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-30 07:29:38

On 29 October 2010 19:59, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On which note -- do we have up-to-date list of maintainers? Or,
> do we know the maintainer of libs/maintainers.txt? It appears to
> contain entries where a different person is know to maintain that
> library recently, or where the listed maintainer is known to be MIA,
> or have officially declared he's not maintaining that library.

I don't think it has a maintainer, it's meant to be developers'
responsibility to keep it up to date. We check that new libraries have
an entry but that's about it.

The way that we deal with this kind of shared data is pretty bad, it's
duplicated in several places (the maintainers list, lib/libraries.htm,
the website, Trac) which requires a lot of maintenance that often goes
undone. It shouldn't be too hard to generate most of that from a
single information source, maybe some sort of metadata file in the
library directory?

Daniel