Subject: Re: [boost] Bug-fix volunteers: risks, downsides?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-03 15:21:35

Jim Bell wrote:
> On 1:59 PM, David Abrahams wrote:
>> At Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:16:37 -0500,
>> Jim Bell wrote:

>>> Thanks! That does sound much easier. I didn't see that anywhere in
>>> the docs.
>> That's a cryin' shame. Everyone seems to think they need to generate
>> HTML, etc. etc. in order to run the tests, when all you need is bjam.
>
> Could we add a section to
> <http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html>,
> describing running tests locally? (Or at least a link to the page
> describing this?) That's the only documentation I've found (though I
> could easily have missed something).

Perfect time to insert a plug for my personal method. To test a specific
library (e.g. serialization)

a) cd to ../lib/serialization/test
b) ../../../tools/regression/src/library_test.sh (or
..\..\..\library_test.bat)

And you will be rewarded with and HTML table in the
../libs/serialization/test directory
which has all your test results for all platforms and combinations. Each
time
you rerun the tests, the column is updated. Each time you run tests
with a new set of attributes (compiler, os, variant, etc) you get a new
column added to the table.

This is my standard method for dealing with this on my own machine.

Robert Ramey