Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45] Beta 1 release candidates
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-07 03:17:54

Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/6/2010 12:09 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>> > [1.45] Beta 1 release candidates are available at http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>> >
>> > As usual, please report success or failure doing builds. We like to get
>> > reports of successful builds on several varied platforms before the files
>> > are pushed out to SourceForge and the formal announcement made.
>>
>> Beman,
>>
>> We're still showing active showstoppers for 1.45
>> (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/29). If we ship anyway, we need
>> to have a discussion about what "showstopper" means, and we need a
>> policy for what to do about them prior to release.
>
> I'm mainly look for problems that would prevent large swaths of Boost
> from being used on a given platform.

Well, it seems if you think that issue #XXX is not a showstopper, it's
best to update issue #XXX so that everybody is on the same page.

> Thus #3550, bootstrap.bat not
> running on x64 Windows, would appear from the name to be a
> showstopper. But I tried the bootstrap procedure on my 64-bit Windows
> 7 system, and it seemed to work as expected.

That's because the the primary issue in the ticket was actually fixed
long ago and it was left open due to less important follow-ups.
I've made adjustments as necessary.

- Volodya