Subject: [boost] Minimizing Dependencies within Generic Classes for Faster and Smaller Programs
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-10 11:56:29

Hi,

I have found this paper "Minimizing Dependencies within Generic Classes for Faster and Smaller Programs" http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n2911.pdf quite iteresting. The gain in performances and reduced space could be considerable.

I was wondering if Boost should not take this as a guideline and whether the Boost authors would check his libraries to see if this technique could improve its performances, in particular for all the container and the the forthcomming Boost.Container libraries.

I would be interested in knowing if this has been adopted for C==0x containers.

Good reading,
Vicente Juan Botet Escribá
http://viboes.blogspot.com/