Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45] Release v trunk, as of r66483
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-10 11:58:40

On 1:59 PM, Frank Mori Hess wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2010, Jim Bell wrote:
> > Here's a list of all differences between release and trunk, as of r66483
> > (this morning).
>
> Why are you posting this? In the boost svn repository, the trunk isn't
> really a trunk at all. Releases aren't branched off it. Trunk and
> release
> are just two parallel branches whose files might or might not be
> synchronized piecemeal as individual library maintainers see fit.

I don't mean to imply that all trunk files belong in the release, but
rather to give release managers an idea where the differences lie, raw
as this report is.

The state of each individual library, particularly merges, isn't always
well known. Things can fall through the cracks (e.g.,
<http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/11/172848.php>).