Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45.0] Permission to merge trunk to release for Boost.Optional
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-11 09:27:13

On 11/11/2010 8:13 AM, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As reported by Eric Niebler, the release brunch did not had the swap
> member that existed in the trunk for a long time.
> I just merged it locally and run the tests on the release branch.
> Can I commit the changes?

No, we're only taking showstopper bug fixes (and documentation tweaks)
at this point. But the changes to optional will be gladly welcomed once
1.45 is out the door.

> P.S: The test suite changed as well due to the different swap.
>
> P.S.2: I've also been reported on a couple of minor documentation
> issues, so I've fixed this on both the trunk and the release branch.

Fine.

> P.S.3: Going over all the differences I've found a trivial change in the
> testsuite for value_initialized: The trunk version uses the lightweight
> "minimal" test tools instead of the full test tools. I've merged this
> one as well.

This is an oops. Please don't merge anything to release bug showstopper
bug fixes and doc tweaks.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing