Subject: [boost] [parameter] Boost.Parameter Constructors in Template Classes
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-16 03:59:47

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is more appropriate for the users list or
the developers list so I sent the email to both. I'm using Boost's SVN
Trunk r66609 and I tried to compile the (attached) file to follow the
pattern described by the Boost.Parameter tutorial
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html#parameter-enabled-constructors)
but unfortunately I get an error deep in the preprocessor code that
Boost.Parameter uses.

What I'm trying to do is to make a template class support
parameterized constructors, and only have optional parameters and no
required ones. The idea is:

    template <class Tag>
    struct base;

    template <class Tag>
    struct derived : base<Tag> {
      BOOST_PARAMETER_CONSTRUCTOR(...);
    };

Has anybody been able to make this work?

Thanks and I definitely hope to hear from you soon.

PS. I am also going to file this as a bug in Boost.Parameter so that
it doesn't get lost in the mailing list churn. ;)

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com