Subject: Re: [boost] LLVM license compatibility with BSL
From: Howard Hinnant (howard.hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-17 14:08:09

On Nov 17, 2010, at 1:55 PM, vicente.botet wrote:

> So if I want to use a file from llvm/libc++ in Boost I need to preserv the llvm/libc++ comment.
>
> //===-------------------------- finename ----------------------------------===//
> //
> // The LLVM Compiler Infrastructure
> //
> // This file is dual licensed under the MIT and the University of Illinois Open
> // Source Licenses. See LICENSE.TXT for details.
> //
> //===----------------------------------------------------------------------===//
>
> Should I add the LICENSE.TXT file? and if yes,where it should be placed?
>
> Should I add the comment including Copyright and Boost License?

> // Copyright xxxx Author name
> // Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
> // See http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt

Disclaimer: Not only am I not a lawyer, I'm usually less informed about legal issues than most people in this group.

I would think that it would be fine to add the boost license, but that is up to whatever boost policies are in place.

Yes, add LICENSE.TXT and CREDITS.TXT. As for placement, I think where ever seems to make most sense to you and other contributors to boost. As long as it can be found, I really can't see how anyone could make a fuss.

-Howard