Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] svn.boost.org slow (was: Boost bug sprint?)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-18 15:24:31

Dave Abrahams wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Marshall Clow
> <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> What's the hardware underneath svn.boost.org?
>> What else is that hardware doing?
>> Can we upgrade the hw or move stuff off that box?
>
> IIRC it's a pretty beefy (if not cutting-edge) Mac Pro, and it's
> basically just serving Boost Trac, Website, SVN, and mailing lists...
> but DongInn should be able to cast an accurate light on it.
>
> Frankly, I think Trac is stagnating as a project, and even if we speed
> it up somehow we will find other reasons to switch away from it
> eventually. Redmine is always a likely candidate at times like these,
> but I'm especially attracted to the idea of letting someone like
> GitHub host our issue tracking, since their bottom line will depend on
> maintaining its speed and usability. However, we'd want to complete
> modularization before making a change like that.

I should say that I've been extremely happy with the functionality
of the Trac system. I can't speak to any other issues with
(it does seem slow at times). I just would hate
so see any of the functionality I use - issue tracking
posting of patches, svn browsing, etc lost in any
improvements.

Robert Ramey