Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] svn.boost.org slow (was: Boost bug sprint?)
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-18 14:05:15

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> What's the hardware underneath svn.boost.org?
> What else is that hardware doing?
> Can we upgrade the hw or move stuff off that box?

IIRC it's a pretty beefy (if not cutting-edge) Mac Pro, and it's
basically just serving Boost Trac, Website, SVN, and mailing lists...
but DongInn should be able to cast an accurate light on it.

Frankly, I think Trac is stagnating as a project, and even if we speed
it up somehow we will find other reasons to switch away from it
eventually. Redmine is always a likely candidate at times like these,
but I'm especially attracted to the idea of letting someone like
GitHub host our issue tracking, since their bottom line will depend on
maintaining its speed and usability. However, we'd want to complete
modularization before making a change like that.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing