Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.45 compile error
From: Vicente BOTET (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-20 09:36:33

> Message du 20/11/10 14:52
> De : "Eric Niebler"
> A : boost_at_[hidden]
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [boost] Boost 1.45 compile error

> >> Crap. Might I suggest we pull the release and reissue as a point release
> >> after this is fixed?
> >>
> >> Adding back the missing context:
> >
> > Is this type_traits specific, or should boost.typeof work on that
> > platform... I'm sure it used to?
>
> I don't know. Is common_type the only trait to use boost.typeof? If so,
> can we just comment out the #include of common_type.hpp in
> type_traits.hpp as a stop-gap?
>
> > BTW there are a *lot* of failures with VC7.1 relating to this.

Most  of the failures if not all are due to the includion of common_type.hpp.

> By "this" do you mean the type_traits error or the boost.typeof failure?

As Boost.Typeof is Ok with this compiler we can not say yet that the problem is with Boost.Typeof.
Surprisingly the same compiler in trunk works "daw-msvc71  rev 66640  Fri, 19 02:00:37 +0000i msvc- 7.1"

daw-msvc71  rev 66641 Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:00:32 +0000i fails on release.

>From my part we can comment the #inlcude for common_type from the type_traits.hpp file. Applications that want to use common_type can include for the moment.

Best,
Vicente