Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45][signals2] Can't build PDF docs?
From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-20 12:38:12

On Friday 19 November 2010, John Maddock wrote:
> I can see that process_snippets.exe is being invoked, but I can't find
> the output xml files anywhere.
>
> This occurs if I either build from within the doc/pdf directory, or the
> libs/signals2/doc directory.
>
> Any ideas?

I'm not really competent with Boost.Build. I wrote that Jamfile stuff
mostly through a combination of copying other Jamfiles, trial and error,
and fumbling around in the dark. It did finally work at least with html
though. If anyone more familiar with bjam cares to take a look, the
intention was to run snippet_extractor, with the first argument being the
output directory for the generated boostbook xml files.

The trac ticket https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4872 says the
destination dir when running under linux of
bin.v2/libs/signals2/doc/gcc-4.4.3/debug is wrong, but thats the directory
it uses when I build the html, and it works in that case. What is the
proper destination directory for generated documentation xml files?