Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45] Typeof fixed, point release? (was: Boost 1.45 compile error)
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 15:21:55

At Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:45:50 +0000,
Daniel James wrote:

> On 22 November 2010 00:23, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> >> That list is based on the test compilers. There's a 7.1 release tester:
> >>
> >> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/daw-msvc71.html
> >
> > I'm sorry, I don't understand the distinction you're making here.
> > Could you explain?
>
> I'm not making any distinction. The release branch is tested with
> Visual C++ 7.1. That's why it's listed as a primary test compiler.

Sorry, let me re-ask. Can you explain what "that list is based on the
test compilers" means? Specifically:

* what list?

* what does "based on" mean? Are you just trying to say "that is a
  list of the test compilers," or is it something more nuanced?

* what do you mean by "test compilers?" Compilers actually used for
  testing? Something else?

This may just be my literal brain failing to grasp the obvious (it
happens), but I'd appreciate it if you could spell it out for me.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing