Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45.0] release note are insufficient [Polygon]
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 14:49:39

Akira Takahashi wrote:
> I have translated the release notes of 1.45.0 into Japanese now(but,
> don't .qbk).
> https://sites.google.com/site/boostjp/document/version/1_45_0
>
> In the work, I found the missing library in release note:
>
> - Polygon : rev.66403

Changes in the Polygon library made it into the release somewhat by accident because I committed to the release branch thinking the release had already gone out. The changes consisted of bug fixes (primarily to arbitrary angle polygon resizing) and since release regressions were passing we choose not to revert the changes for the 1.45.0 release. We did, however, overlook updating the release notes to reflect the inclusion of the bug fixes. The bugs in question were never filed in trac (that I know of). It isn't clear to me that all changes to libraries need to be mentioned in the release notes.

I have noted that there has already been some usage of Boost.Polygon in Japan. There was a presentation on Boost.Polygon usage in Japanese that I saw a couple months back.

Regards,
Luke