Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45.0] release note are insufficient
From: Matt Chambers (matt.chambers42_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-23 09:33:58

On 11/23/2010 8:09 AM, Eric Niebler wrote:
>>> Don't do that, please.
>> -1
>>
>> I want to know the complete list of changes.
> <snip>
>
> I would also like every library to provide a complete list of bugs fixed
> on the release notes page, if only to impress upon people that we are
> taking quality seriously, and that we pay attention to bugs in the
> tracker.

If the tracker is being used correctly, shouldn't the complete list of bug fixes
be a query on the tracker for issues that were known in <version-1> and have
been fixed in <version>? The main release notes could link to that query. I
don't know if it needs to be one link per library though - some libraries might
not have many fixes and clicking on a link just to see those would be tedious. A
single link to a big list with issues categorized by library would suffice.

-Matt