Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45.0] release note are insufficient
From: Steve M. Robbins (steve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-24 22:17:45

Someone wrote:
> >>I want to know the complete list of changes.

I agree; it would be a useful thing.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 08:33:58AM -0600, Matt Chambers wrote:

> If the tracker is being used correctly, shouldn't the complete list
> of bug fixes be a query on the tracker for issues that were known in
> <version-1> and have been fixed in <version>?

Bugs are marked "fixed" as soon as the change is made in the trunk.
However, the release procedure requires a second, manual step to merge
the fix into the release branch.

One problem I've repeatedly run into is that the second step is often
missed. The result is that the issue tracker is much less useful than
it could be. I think that would have to change before your idea
(which otherwise appeals to me) would work.

Regards,
-Steve