Subject: Re: [boost] [1.44][build] Improving support for VC10 and Adding support for Intel C++ 12
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-25 20:41:05

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Jeff Benshetler
<jeff.benshetler_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm working through updating msvc.jam to better support VC10, primarily so
> that intel-win.jam works more cleanly for Intel C++ 12. It looks like the
> last substantial revision to msvc.jam was for VC8, although it still works
> well for VC9 and VC10. The changes I've made work  well; my next post is to
> Intel about "internal error: 0_1374", which seems to be a catch-all. My
> overall goal is to better support the new target architectures and
> optimization features available in VC10 and Intel C++ 12.
>
> I'm new here, so I wanted to make sure that 1) I'm not duplicating work; 2)
> I'm following the appropriate procedure. BTW, I posted to the Boost Build
> list a couple days ago and there has been no traffic at all. Any guidance is
> appreciated.

Take a look at http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html
and http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/summary.html.

No one is testing the Intel compiler on Windows for either trunk or
release branches.

Without at least one platform champion to daily run tests and raise a
red flag when config changes need to be made, it is hard to support a
compiler. Intel used to have a someone assigned to that task, but no
longer.

So getting a daily trunk test running would be a logical first step.

--Beman