Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Website performance, and disabling the code browser?
From: Belcourt, K. Noel (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-28 18:31:54

On Nov 28, 2010, at 4:07 PM, Michael Caisse wrote:

> On 11/28/2010 2:30 PM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:31 AM, Artyom<artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I don't think trac is slow because of database, it is just
>>> slow it is written in Python and it is very slow.
>>>
>> I don't think the discussion was about Trac being slow. The point was
>> that "Database Lock" errors happen pretty often now.

And it's covariant form:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html
” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding.

I haven't been following the server performance discussion too much
but could we in some fashion separate the web page server from the
trac server? I'm afraid that the large increase in the number of
trunk and release testers combined with a steady increase in the
number of Boost libraries and tests may be partly to blame. One way
to test this is to reduce the number of testers (and delete their
results) and see if there's any noticeable improvement in server
performance. Is this worth trying?

-- Noel