Subject: Re: [boost] Library for configuration file parsing
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 02:11:26

On 10-11-28 11:09 PM, Rob Riggs wrote:

>> Honestly, the couple of times I've tried to use Spirit I have not been
>> successful. I've done a few templates in my time but that library
>> blows my mind. The concept is brilliant - and its implementation, heroic.
>> But trying to actually use it tends to just make me feel dumb.
> You are not the only one.
>> Something I could understand in a debugger or, more importantly,
>> review for security in a network-facing application.
> +1

The Spirit concepts are straightforward if you read the documentation.

Debugging is actually pretty easy if you use the built-in debug facilities.

I have not yet had to use it under a debugger and I use various versions
of Spirit all the time. I guess I'm lucky, awesome or the library
provides enough tools for me.

If you compare Spirit to ANTLR, sure, stepping through ANTLR is easier.
But I try not to have to step through code.

zzzzzzz

--
Sohail Somani