Subject: Re: [boost] Library for configuration file parsing
From: Denis Shevchenko (for.dshevchenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 02:18:09

On 28.11.2010 10:40, sguazt wrote:
> Said that, while the proposed library looks promising, I would avoid
> to call it "configurator" since it seems limited to parse INI files.
> Configuration file can be done in very different format.
> INI is just a choice, but not the only one.
Hi, sguazt!

INI-file is a simplest format supported by my library (I understand that
many programmers is quite enough INI-files). But Configurator supports also:
- option's default value and necessity,
- arbitrary nesting of sections,
- checks of value's semantic, "classical" (IPv4 and IPv6, path, email)
and extended (file 'size' and 'time period'),
- options with multi-values (something like in Apache httpd.conf),
- reparsing with using initial default values of options (will be added
in next version).

See example of advanced usage of Configurator:
http://opensource.dshevchenko.biz/configurator/examples/advanced.