Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] date_time commits
From: Mika Heiskanen (mika.heiskanen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-02 14:15:25
On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 20:26 +0200, KTC wrote:
> Well, the 6 tickets with the words "is (a) simple" in my description
> yeah. Only one of those is actual library code changes explicitly null
> initialising couple of variables so valgrind doesn't warn. The other 5
> are either examples or update to the time zone data file.
Damned, I forgot all about this one.
We use the geonames database and found zones not listed by the boost
date_time library. I made the necessary updates, but unfortunately I
forgot to report them to boost. Simply providing our current file might
be of some help to anyone attacking the problem. I made the file
temporarily available at
According to my cvs commits, I failed to define Argentinian zones
(America/Argentina/*) properly, the DST information is missing. I cannot
remember why I failed to define the zones properly. All other updates I
made should be correct according to my commit messages.
Our file is dated June 13th 2009, so any TZ changes after that have not
made it into our db. The changes were made to boost 1.37 db.
I hope the file is at least somewhat useful.
--> Mika Heiskanen
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk