Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] Final report for the (late 2010) Bug Sprint
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-07 09:46:30

On Dec 7, 2010, at 4:20 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 12/6/2010 9:22 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:
>>> So - what did people think went well during the bug sprint?
>>> What went poorly?
>>> What can we do better next time (assuming that there is a next time)?
>>
>> I think it proves that people are too busy around the holidays for a bug
>> sprint.
>
> [ snip ]
> I think the bug sprints are quite valuable. Their timing, however, is critical.

Ok - I'm hearing this from several people.

We've had bug sprints in June, (early) November, June and (late) November.
Basically, I've tried to schedule them for:

        1) Fairly soon after a release
        2) Not to conflict with BoostCon.

so now, I can add a third criteria:
        3) Not around the end-of-year holidays.