Subject: Re: [boost] Boost on Sun CC without STLPort
From: Stefan Teleman (stefan.teleman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-07 13:02:27

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 11:28, Dean Michael Berris
> Interesting. It would be great if someone could run regression tests
> on the "latest" version of Sun's compiler and stdlib someday soon.
>
>> I'm away from that machine at the moment, but can look at their
>> standard library implementation tomorrow morning if that would help.
>>

> That would definitely help. Thanks Beman!

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-1383/bkaty?l=en&a=view

Support for the Apache C++ Standard Library 4.2.1 was introduced with
Sun Studio 12.1 and higher. It can be enabled by passing
-library=stdcxx4 to the compiler. This flag is a no-op if the library
is not installed on the system (it must be installed separately).

The library is currently available on Solaris 11 Express only --
released in November this year. It may [ very likely will ] also be
available in a future Solaris 10 Update release.

If anyone is interested in testing Boost with Apache stdcxx on Solaris
10, and need Solaris 10 [ any version ] packages for the stdcxx
library, please contact me privately. It is also possible to use
Apache stdcxx with Sun Studio 12.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman