Subject: Re: [boost] [build]Can't build libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gdp-1_44.lib with msvc-9 and stlport
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-11 01:00:30

Joachim Faulhaber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> sorry for posting this twice. But on boost-build I have to wait for
> moderator approval and, well, I'm a little impatient :-/ which is
> probably normal for little nasty problems like this one:
>
> I have built stlport-5.2 and tried to compile and link projects with
> it using msvc-9. Now the linker wants to see
>
> libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gdp-1_44.lib instead of
> libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_44.lib
>
> It wants the gd*p* version. So I tried to build it using
>
> bjam toolset=msvc-9.0~stlport5.2 --with-test --build-type=complete stage
>
> This generated new lib files but not the desired one. Could someone
> explain what the gd*p* suffix stands for and how I can build this
> lib-file with bjam.

I am afraid I don't remember what this suffix stands for, nor how can
you build it with Boost.Build. However, I recall there's a table somewhere.
Ah, right:

    http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#library-naming

Note that for that to work, you have to actually specify that you have stlport
to Boost.Build. The following doc should help:

    http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/overview/configuration.html
    http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/reference/tools.html#bbv2.reference.tools.libraries.stlport

HTH,
Volodya