Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook] error with links when building documentation
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 04:42:01

>> I suppose you cannot label a subsection with an ID? Like this:
>>
>> [h2:link_id Something]
>
> You will be able to in a future version. Actually, you can already if
> you use the [quickbook 1.6] tag in your document info, but that's
> considered 'unstable' - I might make changes that will break your
> document, including the algorithm for generating ids so I wouldn't
> recommend doing that. For now you're stuck with using anchors (see my
> earlier post).

Note that headings do have ID's now, it's just that you can't control what
they're called - so you need to generate the HTML and click on the heading
and see what it's link name is to work out what it's ID is - OK you look at
the xml to get it's ID as well, but it's easier from the html page IMO.

HTH, John.