Subject: Re: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 09:03:17

> From: Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
>
> > Okay. So that means people using std::wstring have to deal with
> > converting to UTF-8 encoded std::string on their own. Sounds like a
> > pain in Windows defaulted to use std::wstring in applications. :/
> >

> Converting between Unicode encodings should be a separate library anyway.
> Was there not someone working on such a cross-platform library for Boost ?
> What happened to it ? Was it scrapped because of possible Unicode support in
>C++0x ?

Accidentally (or not) there is a Boost.Locale library that I had submitted for a
formal
review is stuck in queue waiting for the formal review.

It supports charset conversions and much more of Unicode handling.

And accidentally (or not) it recommends using UTF-8 anywhere
and not to use wide strings...

http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/boost_locale/html/tutorial.html#1c383cd30b7c298ab50293adfecb7b18

Artyom